Thursday, March 20, 2008

Challenge Beginnings

Well I've finally gotten around to posting the photos of the beginning background for my postcard.  I had posted earlier about the construction of the background (see below) out of plastic tablecloth scraps that I make patterns from.  

I then stamped and embossed and stitched and inked until I was really unhappy with it. I thought it was ruined until I cut a 4x6 template and auditioned portions and found that I did like parts.  So they were trimmed.  

They will now be mounted to felt and embellished with hand painted wool roving.  

1 comment:

Gretchen Jolles said...

I love it! Will never toss a plastic tablecloth again. Way to go!